Amara Account Development Manager
Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF) is seeking an Account Development Manager for Amara, a multi-award winning web platform for subtitling and translating videos. Our ideal candidate is a self-driven and goal-oriented business development manager with a desire to contribute to a global mission.
PCF is a nonprofit working to build a more open, collaborative, and inclusive world. Our revenue-driven flagship initiative, Amara, enables tens of millions of viewers to fully engage with videos that would otherwise be inaccessible. Amara is used by organizations like TED, California Academy of Sciences, and Scientific American to engage viewers in hundreds of different languages.
The Account Development Manager will specialize in handling large enterprise accounts for Amara products and solutions. This role will identify new business opportunities in either the European or US market. Candidates in non-US time zones are strongly encouraged to apply. We are seeking an individual with a startup mentality who is enthusiastic about making a positive impact in the world.
- Communicate regularly with clients to discuss short- and long-term business needs and enhance client relationships
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Work closely with Lead Generation Specialist to follow up on highly qualified inbound and outbound leads
- Maximize leads generated by the marketing team while also prospecting enterprise-level opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with prospects to grow new business
- Host web-based demos that will showcase how our product will increase clients’ ROI
- Bring your strategies and ideas to advance our company’s values and vision for the future
- Work collaboratively with marketing and product development departments to execute sales strategy
- Infuse enthusiasm, energy and drive into Amara’s sales process
- Position starts at 28 hours/week, potential for salaried full-time and bonus compensation package
- Salary commensurate with experience and track record
- This position is fully remote
- 2-3 years experience selling solutions or services to enterprise client accounts
- A related college degree or equivalent experience
- A sharp focus on goals and a powerful work ethic
- Expertise in identifying key critical business issues of a prospect
- Consistent and demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information with various levels of an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and remotely, travel as needed
- Experience with SaaS platforms
- Experience with HubSpot CRM
While internet video has exploded, language is still a significant barrier to education, economic opportunity, political participation, and other areas of cultural life. Amara connects millions of people to help break down these barriers and allows hundreds of organizations to make their content more accessible through innovative technology.
Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a nonprofit 501c3. We are driven by our mission to foster a media ecosystem that enables everyone to benefit from online video content. Content that can enrich lives, but is not currently available to those who cannot hear or understand the language of the video. We believe a participatory and inclusive world leads to a more understanding and caring society.
PCF develops technology and services that ensure everyone has access to all that the internet has to offer. From the abundance of free education available, to gaining insights about the many different cultures around the globe, information is critical to building a more equitable and peaceful society.
How We Collaborate
Amara and PCF are based out of Massachusetts, but the team is global and works virtually. You’ll be collaborating with a talented and passionate team striving to make positive social impact. The team uses chat and video apps (Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts) as well as email for internal communication.
We are an inclusive workplace, where all team members have a voice. We encourage participation and engagement. Our diversity in backgrounds and life experiences makes us unique and helps us innovate. On our team you’ll find incredibly talented professionals who are also musicians, avid dessert connoisseurs, beer brewers, pet fanciers, master chess players, gardeners, and many other stripes!
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement of interest
- Resumé or CV
- Email subject: Account Development Manager Application
Note: Please be sure to use the email subject “Account Development Manager Application” or we may miss out on reviewing your application. Thanks!
Our Commitment to Diversity
The work of the Participatory Culture Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, and persons with disabilities.