Amara Director Of Marketing
Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF) is seeking an Director of Marketing for Amara, a multi-award winning web platform for subtitling and translating videos. Our ideal candidate is a positive, creative, data-driven storyteller with a desire to contribute to a global mission with their personal flair.
PCF is a nonprofit working to build a more open, collaborative, and inclusive world. As our revenue-driven flagship initiative, Amara, enables tens of millions of viewers to fully engage with videos that would otherwise be inaccessible. Amara is used by organizations like TED, California Academy of Sciences, and Ellen MacArthur Foundation to engage viewers in hundreds of different languages.
The Director of Marketing will work closely with our Product and Sales teams to create a Marketing Strategy and lead its execution. We are looking for an individual with the ability to excel at both leading a strategy and executing on it.
- Own, execute, and measure the success of the marketing strategy for Amara.
- Collaborate with the sales and product teams to uncover insights and build strategies to achieve our visibility and revenue goals.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to assess the impact of marketing activities and provide market research, forecasts, competitive analysis, and market trends in order to incorporate results into an actionable plan.
- Identify priorities, resources, and budget needed to quantify ROI for marketing activities.
- Create insight-driven, compelling stories that educate and engage stakeholders.
- Remotely lead strategic conversations around brand, business marketing strategy, and execution, ensuring alignment across teams.
- Set insights-driven, measurable goals and achieve them.
- Represent the organization with external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients to build strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate with the platform and sales team to create collateral focused on target audiences, including: videos, blog posts, and presentations that help raise awareness about Amara.
- Analyze and optimize Amara’s acquisition funnels.
- 40 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with experience and track record
- This position is fully remote
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role with leadership visibility and/or responsibilities, ideally at a software company.
- Experience setting priorities and objectives that align with the bigger business objectives.
- Confidence in one’s own abilities and a desire to continually improve and grow skillset; enthusiasm in the face of challenges and ability to find the silver lining.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills; a self-starter able to initiate, prioritize, and drive projects from scratch through development, execution, and measurement.
- Ability to react and adapt to new information.
- Excel at managing, collaborating, and communicating with a remote team (Slack, Google Drive, email, etc).
- Expert presentation and storytelling skills, both written and verbal, that connect with the intended audience.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Hubspot a plus.
While internet video has exploded, language is still a significant barrier to education, economic opportunity, political participation, and other areas of cultural life. Amara connects millions of people to help break down these barriers and allows hundreds of organizations to make their content more accessible through innovative technology.
Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a nonprofit 501c3. We are driven by our mission to help build a more collaborative, inclusive world – whether by making more content accessible or helping people engage with one another across languages and cultures. We believe a participatory and inclusive world leads to a more understanding and caring society.
PCF develops technology and services that ensure everyone has access to all that the internet has to offer. From the abundance of free education available, to gaining insights about the many different cultures around the globe, information is critical to building a more equitable and peaceful society.
How We Collaborate
Amara and PCF are based out of Massachusetts, but the team is global and works virtually. You’ll be collaborating with a talented and passionate team striving to make positive social impact. The team uses chat and video apps (Slack, Google Hangouts, etc) as well as email for internal communication.
We are an inclusive workplace, where all team members have a voice. We encourage participation and engagement. Our diversity in backgrounds and life experiences makes us unique and helps us innovate. On our team you’ll find incredibly talented professionals who are also musicians, avid dessert connoisseurs, beer brewers, pet fanciers, master chess players, gardeners, and many other stripes!
Our Commitment to Diversity
The work of the Participatory Culture Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, and persons with disabilities.